About the Team:
Interested in developing the best user experience and positively impact the life of VIZIO SmartTV customers? The client engineering team is looking for a talented software engineer to deliver powerful entertainment experiences. The successful candidate will play an important role in architecting high-performance web applications. The candidate will work closely with other software engineers, technical leads, and program managers. In summary, you will implement and test high-performance software related to our client software.
- 5+ years of web development experience in a scalable environment
- Experience with progressive web applications (PWA) or single page application development
- Expert in HTML5, CSS and SCSS layouts
- Working experience with web storage solutions and service workers
- Expert in debugging and improve large existing codebases
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Git, Github, and release management
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong engineering design patterns to promote loosely coupled systems
- Strong object-oriented (OOP) design skills with the ability to improve designs with respect to maintainability
- Deep understanding of web technologies, HTTP protocol
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to write thorough software design specification documents.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision from the manager, to achieve engineering goals
What You Will Do:
- Implement software solutions consistent with the company’s coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure quality and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Provide clear internal/external documentation for complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays current with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and production issues.
Location: Denver, CO, or Dallas, TX
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continue to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter, or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $124,758/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.