Senior Software Engineer I at VIZIO
Date: Jan 13, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80014
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a seasoned, highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Senior Software Engineer to develop large scale platform services for our automated content recognition (ACR) system. Our platform processes millions of operations per second and operates on large data stores. Candidate will have a significant influence on the architectural roadmap.
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience, shipping production commercial software.
- 3+ years as hands-on Senior Software Engineer or Lead Software Engineer working with a successful teams shipping products on time with high quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experienced with cloud servers – ideally Amazon AWS tools and services.
- Excellent Linux skills – must be totally comfortable at the command line.
- Linux kernel and/or device driver experience highly desirable.
- Outstanding programming skills in C, additional Golang experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of and background in REST-like API design and programming.
- Incredibly deep knowledge of network programming at the C and stdlib levels.
- World-class expertise in developing production high data-rate networked software.
- Extremely strong networking skills – must understand how networking really works.
- Team player – demonstrated experience on a team that shipped a product.
- Professional developer – experienced with source control and bug tracking.
- Bonus points for any background with SmartTV technology.
What You Will Do:
- Shared leadership of engineering team in ownership of deliverables produced & their quality.
- Partner with Product Management, QA Engineering, Technology Operations and Customer Success on technologies, architecture and schedule.
- Develop highly optimized networked distributed system software that operates at huge scale.
- Develop video system software to process images, fingerprint video, analyze media streams.
- Develop REST-based systems capable of millions of operations per minute.
- Develop tools to monitor and control large-scale cloud (AWS) infrastructure.
- Develop tools to support interacting with large scale data systems.
- Develop tools to support operations at massive scale.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot and correct issues and problems as needed.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.