Senior Software Engineer I
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering thousands of enterprises on six continents to successfully reduce cyber and operational risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. LogRhythm’s technology serves as the foundation for the world’s most modern enterprise security operations centers (SOCs), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical, and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform has won countless customer and industry accolades.
Who we are looking for:
LogRhythm is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a talented group building our next generation product. The qualified individual is an experienced engineer who has demonstrated expertise with modern, scalable and distributed cloud-based processing platforms in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with Architects, Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, and others to design and implement software in a greenfield environment. You’ll be at the forefront of innovation in huge data processing, utilizing the latest technologies and micro-services architecture.
Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success, and fun. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Design and implement high quality software systems for a greenfield project.
- Undertake lead role in code reviews on a collaborative team.
- Guide and mentor other team members in growing their skills/careers.
- Share best practices that inspire everyone around you to raise the bar.
- Assist in gathering design requirements.
- Ensure designs meets technical and functional requirements.
- Provide input to system level design.
- Work closely with Architects to improve designs and improve architecture.
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field.
- Produce well-written appropriate documentation.
- Work independently on complex tasks with a high degree of initiative.
- Contribute to a team culture of continuous improvement as part of an organization using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
- Participate and provide input into candidate selection.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your advanced programming and design skills
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience with Microservices
- Good mentoring skills
- Effective communicator
- Public Cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Quarkus
- Experience with Elastic
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.