Senior Software Engineer, Growth
At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. Through our proprietary technology and our team of talented designers, we make designing and shopping for your home, fun, easy, and accessible for all.
As a Growth Engineer at Havenly, you’ll be iterating on our core product to help drive activation, conversion, retention, and expansion. You’ll work on a cross-functional team that owns the full stack, tackle projects related to scaling acquisition of new Havenly customers (referral, SEO, paid performance collaboration, onsite experimentation), as well as developing a tech stack to support viral products and sustainable growth loops.This role is exciting for engineers who are able to apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, enjoy working cross-functionally to master the ins and outs of the business, and then use that knowledge to guide their work leading growth initiatives through strategic engineering.
PROBLEMS YOU’LL BUILD TO HELP SOLVE:
- Developing in-product opportunities that drive MAU
- Identifying ways to use user-generated content to create SEO landing pages at scale
- Optimize our onboarding funnel through deep testing and new builds
- Build new product features to acquire users at higher conversion rates
- Make adjustments to our referral program to drive higher referral rates in product
- Increase the virality and social sharing of the Havenly design experience through strategic product offerings
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excitement and enthusiasm for working on SEO and optimizing for organic traffic
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience.
- 7+ years experience developing and scaling web applications
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong SQL proficiency
- Familiar with A/B testing frameworks (Optimizely) and concepts surrounding user testing
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux command line including shell scripting
- Proficient in at least one scripting language, and ability to discuss trade-offs of a few programming languages.
- Broad experience as a generalist in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development, systems engineering and distributed infrastructure.
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.