Senior Software Engineer (Go) at Moov Financial
At Moov, we’re empowering innovation by helping platforms and creators build payments solutions with ease and speed. We’re building a world-class product that simplifies the process of moving, storing, and accepting money. We believe that every software is becoming a payments company, and by equipping developers with the best tools we can tackle complex problems together.
We’re a 100% remote company with people from more than 16 states, and we’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day.
As a member of the engineering team, you’ll:
- Work on next-generation financial products
- Lead teams of developers and mentor fellow team members
- Design and build production services using Go, databases, and cloud solutions
- Create APIs and tooling to support products and services
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute to them
- Triage and assist incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- Own the full release lifecycle from feature development to public and hosted release
- Contribute to documentation of the system
- Self-guided building and planning of production systems
- History of contributing to open source projects
- Years of experience in production environments
- Knowledge of general ledger or payment systems
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
Technologies we use and teach
- MySQL, SQLite
- HTTP2, JSON
- Kafka, events, webhooks
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together, and embrace autonomy, transparency and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 2000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
$140,000 to $160,000
Moov is committed to building a supportive community which allows all people to contribute however they are best able to. We believe that our products are a mixture of creative and detail oriented work where people from all backgrounds offer unique insight.