WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHAT WE HOPE FOR YOU...
As the Senior Software Engineer, you’ll help lead the effort to build and operate our software systems while also contributing to the decisions that will steer the product’s future. You’re incredibly comfortable in a role that requires working cross-functionally and helping to provide strategic vision to ensure goals are met. Maxwell prioritizes diversity and creating an environment of equality and belonging, and this is something important to this person when it comes to working as a team and being a part of hiring decisions for this team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Build and manage scaled platforms which enable many different types of users and use cases
- Create key systems and lay the foundation for our mortgage platform
- Leverage your education and experience to inform our Engineering process and decisions
- Build new features, enhance existing functionality, and ensure the availability of the entire platform
- Work cross-functionally to complete sprints in a timely manner while keeping the end user or customer in mind
- Mentor our team of talented technologists and work closely with our Product team
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Prior experience within a SaaS company, FinTech or Mortgage Tech preferred
- Focus within Frontend or Backend environment, or even better.. both!
- Comfortable with deployment environments, writing database queries, building backend services, and implementing APIs.
- Working knowledge of implementing and integrating APIs - we work with many third party vendors so this is crucial to the role
- You’ve built and managed scaled platforms which enable many different users and use cases
Not sure you meet all of our ideals? We'd still love to hear from you so please apply!
OUR TECH STACK...
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (Rails 5.x)
- Databases/Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Cloudflare, Lambdas, SQS, and more.
- Domains: APIs, Microservice Architecture, Monitoring/Telemetry, Scaled Architectures
WE ARE A TEAM THAT...
- Delivers delightful products by reliably and quickly producing high quality systems.
- Is full of teammates people trust and love working with.
- Is highly capable and competent across multiple domains and technologies.
- Can gracefully make trade-offs against multiple conflicting constraints.
- Aggressively overcomes obstacles to deliver amazing results.
- Delivers valuable, and trustworthy experiences to our customers and partners.
- Focuses on learning and improving its team members skills and abilities.
- Enables its members to be long term successful engineers and technologists.
- Has a vibrant culture and evidence based practices (Lean/Agile/DevOps practices).
- Can deliver the solutions needed today (APIs, SaaS Mortgages, Integrations, Cloud Tech) and tomorrow (ML, Big Data).
Compensation Range: $128,000-$160,000 (multiple role levels open at this time)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description