🔗 Website: trainingpeaks.com
📍 Location: Louisville, Colorado / Remote until mid-2021
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions, including web and mobile apps. Our products help athletes commit to a clear goal, structure their training to work out smarter, and monitor their progress as they work toward their event or goal.
The Marketplace engages with athletes, matches them with professional coaching services, and provides a rich library of supporting guidance and advice from coaching partners. Our work is highly visible and critical to the TrainingPeaks mission:
“Bringing coaches and athletes together, and helping them get better at what they love to do.”
Some of our more widely known partners include USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
What will I do here?
- Play an integral part on our Marketplace engineering team, creating new features and intuitive experiences for our customers, helping them achieve their goals.
- Build out content management services to support internal content producers, using Wordpress and and integrating other content frameworks to launch new user-facing features.
- Share your experience and knowledge through mentorship and collaboration in the team.
- Make decisions with the team to refine our agile workflow and practices for sustainable high performance.
- You bring unique experience and ideas to a team that values collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Marketplace work directly affects conversions and user engagement and you will work closely with product owners, responding to user behavior in a fast feedback loop.
- Internal tools, like the component library, support multiple development teams at TrainingPeaks.
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve.
Our tech stack
- Modern responsive UI using Web Components and Tailwind
- AWS service deployment and CI/CD
- Wordpress for website content management
- 4+ years mixed development experience: front end (responsive web dev), back end (eg C#, PHP, Python, Node), and deployment automation.
- Experience or strong desire to work with Docker containerization and progressive AWS deployment patterns like ECS/Fargate and Lambda.
- Some experience with a CMS like Wordpress, or an e-commerce platform, or working with company internal stakeholders, or supporting other engineering teams would be useful here.
- Deliberate application of object oriented principles (eg SOLID) to produce highly readable, testable code.
- Good understanding of automated testing and strong desire to Test All The Things.
- Like our customers, commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team.
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $88,140 - $146,900. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
*Please note - due to COVID-19 some perks are not readily available at this time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
Here is what you can expect:
- Two screening phone calls with Lisa, Lauren or Zach (30 mins each)
- Take-home code test - a real world problem to solve in your own time in a couple of hours. Share your solution with us on github.
- Technical and team Zoom interviews (3-4 hours). We’ll talk about the approach you took on the code test and hear how you tackle new problems and learn new skills. You’ll also meet product and engineering leaders, as well as the team you’ll be working with day to day.
We look forward to your application! Please include a cover letter telling us what appeals to you about this role, what you bring to the org and some of your plans for the near future.
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.