We are building software & platforms to make supply chains more economically and environmentally sustainable.
As an engineer at VORTO you will define the next generation of commerce. You'll work with with shippers on sophisticated supply chain automation software, and with drivers on a one-of-a-kind trucking platform to increase the earnings of the nation's largest profession.
Our Tech Stack
We use modern technologies like: Google Cloud Platform, GoLang, GRPC, Kubernetes, Tensorflow, PostgreSQL, Typescript (Angular), Swift (iOS), and Kotlin (Android).
- Deeply learn our business to successfully take ownership of features from idea to production
- Rapidly design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure, maintainable, scalable, testable, and efficient code
Examples of Projects We've Tackled in the Past
- A payments product tailored to the unique needs of small and medium sized carriers
- An asset tracking system used to monitor thousands of trucks and trailers across the US - and automatically dispatch recovery teams if lost
- A ML tool to extract data from documents of various formats specific to our industry
- A booking engine used to assign drivers based on forecasted demand
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Have at least 5 years of hands-on experience developing, implementing, and maintaining production codebases
- 2 years experience with Angular & Typescript
- 2 years experience with SQL
- Experience or desire to work with GoLang
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you are building
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems
The following are pluses, but not strictly required for this role:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GRPC
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Relocation offered
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.