Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) at VIZIO
About the Team:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the SmartCast engineering team at VIZIO, you will help design, build and improve applications that power and support the VIZIO SmartCast platform. Along with the above primary focus there will be additional responsibilities of handling the architecture of build and deployment infrastructures along with any internal tools required for these experiences.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment. You will have the ability to have a strong influence on the overall SmartCast product by pushing best practices and delivering quality code to our consumers.
What You'll Do:
- Lead efforts in development, production and maintenance of the company’s SmartCast products
- Work with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Help guide and contribute to feature design and implementation to bring the product to the next level.
- Participate in continuous and iterative engineering cycles with emphasis on code quality, supportability, scalability and performance.
- Key contributor to product architecture, strategy and road map
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Mentor junior members of the team in their assigned tasks and their technical skills development.
- Design and build tools using modern front-end frameworks
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Unit testing, performance testing
- Follow practices: code review, unit testing, CI and other best practices
- Participate in UI discussions with designers
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Participate in estimation and planning sessions
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (CS, Engineering)
- You have 7+ years software engineering experience in full stack development
- Hands-on software development experience in HTML5, CSS
- Experience in UI development which interacts with REST APIs
- A plus to have experience with Git, CI/CD workflows and collaboration tools such as Slack
- Interest in automated testing.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $112,090/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Web Design, Technology, Engineering, Creative, Research