Senior Software Engineer, Execution at CircleCI
At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We're looking for full-stack folks to help nurture the systems that make it possible.
As a member of the Execution team, you’ll own services that power the heart of our product. You’ll work on features and capabilities like our self-hosted runner, new execution environments, new pricing models, and keeping our large multi-tenant fleet of build servers running smoothly. You’ll collaborate daily with hardworking colleagues across the world.
This is a full-time, fully remote role that requires you to participate in our on-call support rotation.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager of Execution, Ari Smith.What you'll do:
- Design and build new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Support, maintain, and debug production microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Foster a culture of observability and monitoring: use operational data to help your team improve the stability and performance of our systems.
- Partner with members of a multi-functional team and other stakeholders to set the direction of our platform and product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is curious in learning, brings strong communication skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise with encouragement.
Below you can find a list of skills and practices we value in candidates - you don’t need to be experienced in all of them to apply!
- Has several years of professional experience building and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking observability in from the beginning.
- You’re interested in functional programming. We use Go and Clojure primarily, but it’s okay if you haven’t yet. It’s important that you’re passionate about working with both.
- If you have experience managing infrastructure as code on a public cloud, that would be a bonus.
- You’re good at navigating the dynamics of a small, rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- You work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- You favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- You strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team.
You’re excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E3 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500 - $145,000/year