Senior Software Engineer- Databases Platform Group at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer enthusiastic in joining a fast-growing company. You'll help build new features of our data pipeline service, help improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We're looking for people who want to learn the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer.
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools, and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Java, Postgres, and Kubernetes.As a Senior Software Engineer on the Databases Platform Team, you will:
- Work on the most challenging problems facing Fivetran’s database connectors to improve the highest volume connectors in a product portfolio enjoyed by customers of all sizes- from startups to enterprises
- Experiment and build prototypes for solutions that increase capabilities, reliability and growth of Fivetran’s database connectors
- Collaborate with customer-facing departments and directly with customers to validate solutions
- Create new database connectors
- Participate in on-call rotation (8 AM to 8 PM)
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- Loves experimenting
- Handles setbacks with a smile
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Able to define project requirements
- Proficient at designing software and infrastructure
- Works well in a team
- Collaborates well with junior and senior developers
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
- Experience working with relational databases
- Java programming experience
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing AWS, GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, or similar technologies
- Experience with benchmarking and performance optimization techniques
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.