Senior Software Engineer, CX, Content Catalog Platform at Invitae
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people join our team.
About our team:
Invitae needs experienced engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to help us achieve our mission - provide genetic information to billions of people. We are a multi-functional team of scientific domain specialists and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take extensive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you will do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Demonstrated ability and Bachelors in Engineering
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
- What you bring:
- Proven experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability with backend or frontend frameworks such as:
- Scala/Play or Kotlin/Spring Boot
- Other common industry standards
- Hands on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.). Tuning and query optimization a plus.
- Top notch interpersonal skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- A mission-oriented attitude and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.