Senior Software Engineer - Core at Recurly
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:10 a.m. (MST) on Friday, October 2, 2020
Recurly is committed to building an innovative, cutting-edge, and subscription management software. The Core team focuses on building new, high-quality functionality that allows our merchants to expand their business with technology that allows them to focus on what they do best. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic candidate to help build the tools and platforms that are leveraged by hundreds of millions of individuals around the world.
You will be key to ensuring continued success during our rapid and international growth, and your impact and contribution to the bottom line will be significant. You'll be working to expand the reach of Recurly to different platforms and use cases. The ideal candidate will possess a broad understanding of technology systems, take a thoughtful approach to communication, and understand how elegant software can contribute to business outcomes.
You are a strong and experienced engineer who has substantial professional experience working in object-oriented languages and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails. You have the desire to lead, design, and implement features in a large Rails application. You are able to turn complex business requirements into elegant and maintainable code. You have experience creating stable and reliable integrations between separate business systems. You like making a measurable impact on the business and consistently seek to drive business value through technological solutions.
If you don’t match the job 100% we would still like to hear from you!
US States Recurly can hire:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania South Carolina & Washington
- Developing web applications at scale in high-stakes, high-availability environments
- Identifying technical and customer-facing impacts, recommending best-practices and/or alternate approaches, and providing timeline estimates
- Participating in requirements and solution design sessions, working closely with stakeholders from across the entire organization
- Collaborating on and informing cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations, and implementation
- Participating in an iterative software development methodology and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support
- Articulating development status and challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A willingness to learn and continually refine your business acumen and establish domain/industry expertise
- 3-7 years of professional developer experience
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails
- A quality-first mindset and demonstrated experience producing high-quality code
- Ability to develop features end to end, synthesizing feedback from stakeholders and turning ideas into complete and thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated experience designing and building public-facing APIs
- Outstanding communication skills, and the willingness to engage proactively with peers
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to build, launch, and iterate on products
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully, positively, and in an ego-free fashion with a cross-disciplinary team
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana
Read Full Job Description