Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Directory Services at JumpCloud
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:47 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
JumpCloud is extremely excited to announce our$225M Series F funding round.
“JumpCloud reimagined the directory with a comprehensive, modern platform that gives IT admins an easier path to adopt Zero Trust security models for more granular access control, with a user-friendly experience. This investment validates our vision and product-led growth model, which have enabled us to build a product that is easy for IT teams to love,” said Rajat Bhargava, CEO and co-founder of JumpCloud.
Work is so much more than sitting at a desk, opening a laptop, and attending video meetings. At JumpCloud, we’re focused on making sure each employee is engaged in their role and sees the results of their effort. When JumpCloudians begin each work day, we ask: What do we need as an organization that we don’t have today that will get us to where we are going tomorrow? From there, it’s game on!
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at JumpCloud? Check out the People of JumpCloud.
What we are looking for…
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for the best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud is looking for a Software Engineer to join a brand new engineering team on our Cloud Directory Platform with a focus on our growing Identity, Governance and Administration (IGA) offerings.
You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the success of this team as it delivers customer value across the breadth of our Cloud Directory services. This unique team’s charter is to provide organizations with capabilities to ensure that the right people have access to the right resources, while balancing their need for security and employee productivity through the right processes and visibility.
What you will be doing
- Drive feature implementation with the team through both individual contributions along with providing guidance to the team.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects and UX on a scrum team to deliver incremental value to our customers.
- Partner with Architects and CloudOps to help make key technology decisions that ensure our designs are highly available, scalable and performant.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
What Skills will help you succeed
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js
- 3+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in one of the public cloud providers AWS, GCP or Azure
- Solid understanding of designing and implementing RESTful APIs and using them as integration points with third-party applications. Bonus points if you have implemented APIs based off of the gRPC protocol
- Hands-on experience working with distributed systems and microservices architecture. Bonus points if you have experience with containers in development and production environments
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy to environments
- Knowledge of BDD testing methodologies and how to incorporate them into the SDLC process
- Willingness to mentor junior members of the team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $145,000- $180,000 , including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
Equity: Ownership as the organization succeeds you succeed
401(k) Match: We want you to be able to save and invest in your future
Unlimited PTO: We want you to take a sick day when you’re sick or plan a vacation and enjoy yourself!
Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long term disability and life insurance
Learning: Learning & Development opportunities to grow your skills and career
Great team: Working with amazing and passionate team members who are committed to our mission!
...And much more!
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. All of our roles are remote. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description