Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team:
The Platform Engineering group is responsible for many of the critical applications and services used by Xero Product teams to deliver customer value quickly and easily. We’re currently looking for experienced Engineers with commercial experience under their belt.
Our products sit at the heart of the Xero solution. Key areas include authorisation, authentication, the front end design system and the accounting engine. Engineers in the group own their stack; our typical work is a mix of software engineering, solution design, and infrastructure as code.
We pride ourselves on our efforts to always innovate and improve the way we work. This includes an emphasis on software performance, stability and scalability, as well as making the process of delivering and supporting our code as frictionless as possible.
How you’ll make an impact:
You’ll work collaboratively in a delivery pod alongside other Engineers and a Product Owner. Together you’ll solve hard problems in order to deliver quality, sustainable software for other delivery teams, using engineering best practices. Your work will reduce toil, and promote rapid release cycles.
Some of what you'll do in your team:
- Write beautiful code (solo, pairing or mobbing)
- Continuously deliver value to our customers
- Contribute technical solutions and ideas to the team backlog
- Measure and monitor your products’ performance
- Use performance data to inform sustainability improvements
- Identify and promote opportunities to improve practices
- Always keep learning, and upskilling those around you
- Back your opinions while considering the opinion of others
- Give and receive feedback - honestly and kindly
- Grow your career, supported by coaching from a dedicated People Lead
What we're looking for:
- C# .NET (or other modern full-stack languages and frameworks)
- AWS (or other cloud infrastructure and service providers)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, AWS Deploy, etc)
- SQL Server (or other relational databases)
- Familiarity with TDD and/or BDD
- Monitoring tools (New Relic, Sumologic, Datadog, etc)
We also have opportunities involving specialising in Golang, Open ID Connect or IdentityServer.
We’d love to talk to you if you like what you’ve read so far, and have some of the technical skills above. You don’t need to know everything; we’ll teach you the rest.
Why you should become a Xero
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices in Wellington or Auckland
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.