Senior Software Engineer - Backend/Cloud
Why You Matter
The Senior Software Engineer will co-lead, define and build for performance and scale the next generation of endpoint security applications. This is more than a chance to write amazing code for something at significant scale with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how hundreds of companies and governments visualize and neutralize threats to their networks. This is where global politics meet your code and the people who it empowers. Join us to make something that matters.
What You'll Do
- Design and optimize the performance of a backend data processing pipeline that is resilient to failures and is highly scalable.
- Plan, monitor and improve the performance of a distributed application to process a lot of streaming data.
- Review and guide development of Restful APIs to query terabytes of data.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
- Support existing production code and improve performance enhancements and products.
What You'll Bring
You'll plan for high-performance computing and build and improve a highly scalable and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data.
- 7-10 years of experience developing server side applications.
- 2-4 years building high performing/data intensive applications running in the cloud.
- Implement changes for performance, scalability and reliability
- Experience with:
- Restful APIs
- JMS, AMQP, SQS
- Scaling enterprise applications in the cloud
- Reducing costs in production
- Agile Software Development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- NoSQL technologies
- AWS & Elastic Search
- CI/CD pipeline
Who We Are
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black serves more than 3,700 customers globally, including 33 of the Fortune 100. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has pioneered multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV). Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform – the Cb Predictive Security Cloud – Carbon Black solutions enable customers to defend against the most advanced cyber threats, including malware, ransomware, and non-malware attacks. Deployed via the cloud, on premise, or as a managed service, customers use Carbon Black solutions to lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and replace legacy antivirus.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.