Founded in 2015, Automox is on a mission to automate and reduce the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware and applications that need to be maintained updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem.
At Automox we value an entrepreneurial mindset. With our customers always top of mind, teams are empowered to make decisions quickly and consistently be adding small incremental value. Is it going to be perfect every time? Probably not. But with the freedom to try and fail we believe greatness will happen sooner than if we waited for perfection.
As the world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring a talented and diverse workforce across the US. We are up to something extraordinary and are seeking curious problem solvers, revolutionaries, and challengers to the status quo to join our team. If you are tired of traditional corporate work environments that put processes over people, or simply looking to ply your craft in a way that impacts both company and customers in a material way - then Automox might be the right place for you.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned software developer who is dedicated to your craft; you write code that you are proud of and can hit the ground running. You write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our disruptive SaaS based endpoint management software in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
THE FUN STUFF
- Build high quality, scalable web applications using best coding standards and writing clean, well designed code
- Extend, enhance, and maintain the core product software and databases
- Contribute to continual improvement by testing, performance tuning, refactoring, usability improvements, and automation
- Produce detailed specifications, and contribute in all phases of the engineering lifecycle
- Experienced in one of the following languages desired: Golang, Java, PHP (Laravel) is highly desired
- Relational database design and web database integration (PostgreSQL). Non-relational database experience is a plus.
- Development in a Linux server environment
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- You have experience with cloud native application development "Docker, AWS, Kubernetes"
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Work well in a tightly knit, cross-functional team environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote: Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
***Due to the stage we're in as a business we're not able to sponsor or transfer work visa at this time***