We seek a Senior Fullstack - Backend Engineer to join our award-winning team! If you love the idea of working with a super-talented group passionate about building products that make meetings better for everyone, please keep reading: Mersive Solstice helps teams collaborate much more effectively by allowing anyone to bring their own devices and apps to meetings and share content concurrently. The product development organization is going to grow substantially over the coming months; we have an exciting webstack initiative spinning up in which we need a seasoned leader to join the team.
A successful candidate has experience working across fullstack web technologies, in particular, someone with expertise in modern backend architecture, including microservices and/or serverless architecture, data warehousing and analytics pipelines (e.g. leveraging distributed messaging systems like Kafka), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), and CI/CD pipelines. Great candidates will also be very familiar with architecting RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs, and are keen on building highly available, reliable, and scalable systems with a real-time focus. We are an extremely innovative team and expect our engineers to continue to push the bar when it comes to newer, better technologies we can leverage.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space that has had 3 straight years of profitable operations and double-digit sales growth. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability make us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and Ivy League universities who use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace meaningful, connected and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in over 100,000 meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we?
We are a diverse team of over 160 talented people who genuinely care about our work, customers and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust and accountability. We believe that each team member brings a unique perspective and has the ability to genuinely make an impact here. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and aren’t afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Your day-to-day will look like this:
- Work within our agile team structure to design and implement backend web components that we can leverage across our strategic initiatives
- Ensure that our architectural designs are future-proofed, from a scale, load, and performance perspective
- Debug, monitor, and maintain a CI/CD pipeline that feeds into a production deployment, plus one or more staging and testing environments
- Partner with our frontend engineers to build amazing interactive experiences
- Perform the necessary R&D to ensure Mersive leads the market in innovation
- Ensure the long term quality of the code you develop through unit and integration testing
- 4-8 years as a backend or fullstack engineer, ideally working in cloud- or SaaS-based tech stacks
- Expertise in AWS, GCP, Azure or equivalent IaaS, microservices / serverless architectures, and big data applications
- Experience with CI/CD, container deployment and orchestration, service discovery, secret management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience designing and integrating with APIs
- SQL experience required
- Experience leveraging unit, integration, and end-to-end testing tools
- Strong DevOps and Linux experience preferable
Bonus points for experience in Java, PostgreSQL, Node.js, C/C++, Rust, Docker, functional programming, and networking/transport protocols.
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- Work/Life Balance, including a generous PTO plan.
- Dogs welcome!
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity