Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our award winning culture, values, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
As a product focused company, Software Engineers work on multiple aspects of our cloud native patch management solution. From our microservices backend to our API driven frontend, Software engineers use a variety of technologies and frameworks to develop highly scalable, quality solutions for our customers. Our teams work in small agile teams where collaboration and continuous improvement are key to success. Engineers are empowered to make decisions, own their work, and maintain it after it’s in production. We value engineers with diverse experiences and skills to bring strong engineering practices to the team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll help lead the development, and maintenance, of features and functionality across multiple services that fuel Automox’s cloud native endpoint management solution. You’ll use the most modern technologies and frameworks: AWS, Spring, Vue.js, Kubernetes, etc.
- Lead by example. Write performant and maintainable code with few defects.
- Drive code optimization and refactoring efforts across the team.
- Review critical parts of the team’s code and promote consistent quality, testing, and documentation practices.
- Produce clean design for complex systems that age well over multiple releases.
- Engaging with the product on a regular basis to better understand the customer and ways it can be improved to create the best experience possible.
- Collaborate effectively with Product, Quality, Operations, Program Management to prioritize features and bugs.
- Proactively take responsibility for the team's backlog and validate time/effort estimates, make any necessary trade-offs for a successful delivery, and ensure the team is applying the same best practices as other teams in R&D.
- Build morale and cohesiveness across the team. Help celebrate wins and develop a culture of positivity.
- Customer Obsessed - You can demonstrate customer fluency and understand what they’re trying to achieve. You empathize and advocate for the customer’s POV.
- Innately Curious - You are inquisitive and open-minded about new ideas and points of view. You actively seek diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Highly Impactful - You demonstrate amazing amounts of work, and your strong performance makes you a valuable member of the team.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Professional experience with any of the following languages, with a strong proficiency with any modern object-oriented language such as Java or Go. Our team is made up of polyglots who enjoy learning and using the right tech and language for the job.
- Exposure to microservices and cloud services such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience in a DevOps culture with examples of how you’ve improved the developer experience for one or more teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about problems of moderate complexity and propose solutions.
- A bias for action and results. You have a track record of taking initiative across multiple areas or teams and ensuring the teams’ commitments are reasonable and achievable.
- Technical leadership. You enjoy mentoring and developing other engineers and contribute to internal technical training that positively impacts the team.
- Comfort working in an iterative software development process.
- Promoter of transparency, visibility, and documentation across the team.
- Experience working on complex system level design from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization to build strong collaborative relationships built on trust and respect.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization with high levels of autonomy
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from anywhere in the USA
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
⏱Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
👶🏽 Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States, and some parts of Canada.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description