TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Back-end Software Engineer/Developer to join our fully distributed engineering team and help us continue our impressive growth from 23 million customers to beyond! Our back-end stack includes Ruby/Rails and Elixir.
Our engineers collaborate on technical challenges that enable them to learn new skills and grow their careers (article here). From a recent hackathon, we released the first-in-industry health check screening for teams. This led us to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award!
To deepen our connections with each other, we also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building new communication features for our users. We send 100 million+ messages a year and we’re architecting the future of communication for TeamSnap users.
- Building features to foster engagement within teams - think photos, video streaming and ways to connect our users in more meaningful ways.
- Defining, designing and implementing custom sponsored experiences that are a win-win for our customers and brands.
- Optimizing activity workflows like rostering, scheduling, etc. to streamline our customers experiences.
- Integrating our products and features into a unified product and system architecture.
- Creating scalable and performant APIs and services to power our web and mobile apps.
- Working collaboratively with the team to design services and systems to support product features and our growth.
What’ll set you up for success:
- Experience leading projects for web apps and services at scale.
- Exposure and interest in backend development. You have deep experience building experiences with Ruby. You have experience or interest in building experiences with Elixir.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems that may span a number of systems.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Excitement for building great solutions and user experience.
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- Experience working with functional programming concepts.
- Ad Tech experience delivering and creating great user experiences.
- Experience with frontend technologies (we use React and Typescript heavily)Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, and release management.
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The annual compensation range for this role is $125,000 to $170,000, inclusive of base and bonuses or commissions. This range applies to Colorado-based employees only and may be adjusted based on work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides a culture of trust, boundless opportunities to grow, and the chance to make a lasting impact. Benefits include:
- We're not just remote, we're known for being remote-first. We've been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
- Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
- 401K and more! [link to our total rewards deck]
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.