Senior Software Engineer (Back End)
Software Engineer (Back End)
We are a small team that moves fast, so you will be given significant responsibility. We work in multidisciplinary product teams with engineers, product managers, and designers. We maintain a healthy mix of senior engineers and exceptional junior engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to craft our SaaS product, mostly in the form of Rails-based microservices. You will build services that consume 3rd party APIs in order to improve our product capabilities by leveraging a diversity of integrations. In addition to the individual applications you will be helping to craft our shared open and closed source libraries used across our infrastructure.
- Creatively solve business challenges using Rails
- Confidently build Rails API interfaces that are scalable, easy to document, and fun to use.
- Conceptualize and create simple solutions when adapting our product to new integrations
- Carefully manage both document and sql data stores, handling large amounts of customer data
- Work closely with product and design teams to design simple, powerful, innovative user web experiences
- Support and occasionally jump into front-end application code (React)
- Continuously improve your team's productivity through automation and process improvement
- Future-proof your work through a combination of thoughtful monitoring, automated testing, refactoring, and modularization.
- Comfortable implementing features across the entire stack
- Bonus: Expertise in Rails or React / Redux
- You have at least five years of professional experience building applications.
- You care about the details and take ownership over what you're involved in.
- You value simplicity, but also performance.
- You know how to problem solve effectively, especially when debugging and designing.
- You're a good person.
What it’s like to work here:
We know how to get things done and have fun while we’re doing it. We respect your boundaries and don't hire jerks. Our culture is well-defined and our work environment is pretty informal. While we take our jobs seriously, we don’t take ourselves so seriously. We believe in empowerment, autonomy, and flexibility – so you get to determine how you work and where you work. And if/when you want a vacation, you can work with your team to determine how much and how long. We focus on results.
We believe culture isn’t about how many foosball or ping pong tables you have. It’s about how you support each other and win together. So at Kapost we actively work to accelerate your career. On your first day we ask you to envision your last day. What do you want your resume to say by the time you leave Kapost? Then we proactively set up mutually aligned goals to help you reach your career aspirations. So while you help us with our adaptability we help you with your marketability.
We have a transparent working environment, so you’ll know all about goals, strategies, financials, etc. And you’d be working with people who genuinely care about each other, the occasional (quiet) dog in the office, and no jerks. We believe enjoying ourselves actually leads to better results, so we enjoy social time together, whether happy hours, retreats, impromptu celebrations, and company provided all-employee lunches every week.
Our offices are on the famed Pearl St Mall in downtown in Boulder, CO. You’ll know Boulder to be America’s happiest, fittest, foodiest town filled with more than 300 days of sunshine. We’re brimming with bike paths that transport you all around town and running/biking paths that are a few blocks from the office for the morning, noon or evening fun. If you don’t live in/near Boulder then you’ll also be happy to know that the school systems are among the top in the state, cost of living is accessible, commutes range from the “I can’t believe I just rode my bike 5 minutes to work” to “wow, that 15 minute cross-town traffic was just a bear today” commutes, and we are a short drive from Denver. Our offices are in walking distance to top restaurants, offering great food and after-work fun. What could be better?!