About the team:
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
At VIZIO we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
You will define the experience of VIZIO SmartCast as it evolves into a cohesive smart home experience, leveraging new technologies and helping define core architecture.
What you will do:
- Collaborate across teams and work with stakeholders to develop and integrate new features, and to design a user-friendly experience for our customers.
- Build scalable code through unit, integration, and UI testing
- Work on a large-scale Android project with internal libraries, complex dependencies, multi-threaded processes, and asynchronous completion blocks
- Take ownership of feature and requirement building
- Participate in code reviews and give constructive feedback to team members
- Help define and integrate internal APIs and test APIs using tools like Postman
- Build features on top of a wide variety of network stacks; HTTP, Web Sockets, BLE, MDNS, etc.
- You have a minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrates understanding of common software architecture and software design patterns
- You have 5+ years of Android development experience.
- Experience with both Java and Kotlin languages
- Understands application development lifecycle
- Experience building in Agile environments
- Experience using CI/CD systems for deployment and testing
- You are comfortable learning new technologies and development stacks
- You are a self-starter that is able to actively participate in remote team structures.
- You are a hard-working team player, with a “no task is too small” attitude.
- You understand industry best practices for readable code, code reviews, and source control development
- You are a creative problem-solver who digs into root causes analytically, instead of relying on intuition.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess a high attention to detail.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $124,758/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Java, TV, Technology, Engineering, Creative