Senior Software Engineer (ADX-281-20) at ArcherDX
specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer
genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into
mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic
tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results.
As a Software Engineer on the Oncology Web Applications team, you’ll play a central role in the development
of a technology platform that is enabling precision oncology in laboratories and research centers around the
We will consider both remote and local candidates for this role.
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we are never bored.
- We care deeply about the quality of what we build. In our domain, details really matter.
- We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Django Rest Framework, Swagger, Postgres, React.js, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, and Git.
- Developing and maintaining features of existing and forthcoming oncology-focused web applications
- Writing structured, tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Identifying root cause of production issues and writing tests that provide proper test coverage
- Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
- Multiple years of industry experience with backend or frontend frameworks such as:
- Industry experience with automated testing and CI/CD tooling
- Hands-on experience with databases (tuning and query optimization a plus)
- Hands-on experience with REST API architecture, implementation, and documentation
- Working in a regulated field (e.g., aerospace, medical devices)
- Working under a controlled software development life cycle
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Molecular biology / genomics
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- Insatiable curiosity
- Humility in the face of data
- Never a victim of fate, but a champion of progress
- Discipline to follow process in a high-risk environment
- An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
- A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers, designers, and scientists