THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
What you should know about us:
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we are never bored.
- We have high standards. In our domain, details really matter.
- We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Postgres, Django Rest Framework, React.js, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack, Terraform, Selenium, git, and Torque (yes, Torque).
- The software department has technical leadership and includes specialists in bioinformatics, algorithm development, web development, UX design, DevOps, and software verification.
- Feature development on existing and forthcoming bioinformatic web applications
- Influencing the direction of our software products through technical leadership
- Working in close coordination with product owners, testers, designers, users, and fellow developers
- Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
- Extensive experience with a backend web framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Spring, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with AWS
- Strong familiarity with relational databases
- A genuine appreciation for how wonderful a good test suite can be
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
- A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers and scientists
- Insatiable curiosity
- Humility in the face of data
- Empathetic towards colleagues and your future self when writing software
- Optimistic during hard times
- Never a victim of fate but a champion of progress.
- Working in a regulated field (e.g., aerospace, medical devices)
- Working under a controlled software development life cycle
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Distributed systems
- REST API development
- Good documentation
- Molecular biology / genomics