Senior Software Engineer (ADX-118-19) at ArcherDX
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- We take code-review and testing as seriously as code-writing. Patients can’t afford for us not to.
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we’re never bored.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Postgres, Django Rest Framework, D3, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack, Selenium, git, and Torque (yes, Torque).
- We’re about a year into the process of adopting DevOps practices, with an eye towards increasing information flow and feedback throughout our SDLC.
- The software department has technical leadership and includes specialists in bioinformatics, algorithm development, web development, UX design, DevOps, and software verification.
- Feature development on existing and forthcoming bioinformatic web applications
- Working closely with product owners, designers, users, and fellow developers
- Strengthening our team and our products through technical leadership
- Extensive experience with a backend web framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Spring, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with relational databases
- An appreciation for the value of testing
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- Distributed systems
- REST API development
- Molecular biology / genomics
- There is a piano, an arcade cabinet, and a pool table in the office.
- Mid-day breaks often involve bouldering at the gym, going for a group run, and/or wandering over to the office park food trucks. After work, we might find ourselves at Upslope Brewing Company across the street.
- We work from home every Wednesday, at least.
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision