Senior Software Engineer (ADX-05-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
What you should know about us
* We have high standards. In our domain, details really matter.
* We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
* Our tech stack includes Django, Postgres, Django Rest Framework, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack, Terraform, Selenium, git, and Torque (yes, Torque).
* The software department has technical leadership and includes specialists in bioinformatics, algorithm development, web development, UX design, DevOps, and software verification.
What this role will involve
* Influencing the direction of our software products through technical leadership
* Working in close coordination with product owners, testers, designers, users, and fellow developers
* Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
What we’re looking for
* Strong familiarity with AWS
* Strong familiarity with relational databases
* A genuine appreciation for how wonderful a good test suite can be
* An appetite for continuous improvement
* An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
* A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers and scientists
Bonus points for experience with and/or enthusiasm for
* Working under a controlled software development life cycle
* Distributed systems
* REST API development
* Good documentation
* Molecular biology / genomics
Culture & benefits
* Mid-day breaks often involve bouldering at the gym, going for a group run, and/or wandering over to the office park food trucks. After work, we might find ourselves at Upslope Brewing Company across the street.
* We work from home every Wednesday, at least.
* 4 weeks of vacation
* 401k with partial match
* Stock options
* Tuition reimbursement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA