Senior Software Engineer (ADX-05-20) at ArcherDX
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
What you should know about us:
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we're never bored.
- We have high standards. In our domain, details really matter.
- We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Postgres, Django Rest Framework, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Saltstack, Terraform, Selenium, git, and Torque (yes, Torque).
- The software department has technical leadership and includes specialists in bioinformatics, algorithm development, web development, UX design, DevOps, and software verification.
What this role will involve:
- Feature development on existing and forthcoming bioinformatic web applications
- Influencing the direction of our software products through technical leadership
- Working in close coordination with product owners, testers, designers, users, and fellow developers
- Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience with a backend web framework (Django, Ruby on Rails, Spring, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with AWS
- Strong familiarity with relational databases
- A genuine appreciation for how wonderful a good test suite can be
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
- A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers and scientists
Bonus points for experience with and/or enthusiasm for:
- Working in a regulated field (e.g., aerospace, medical devices)
- Working under a controlled software development life cycle
- Distributed systems
- REST API development
- Good documentation
- Molecular biology / genomics
Culture & benefits:
- There is an arcade cabinet and a foosball table in the office.
- Mid-day breaks often involve bouldering at the gym, going for a group run, and/or wandering over to the office park food trucks. After work, we might find ourselves at Upslope Brewing Company across the street.
- We work from home every Wednesday, at least.
- 4 weeks of vacation
- 401k with partial match
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA