Senior Software Development Manager - Java, AWS at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The API Engineering team within FIS Merchant Solutions is responsible for overseeing the strategy, execution, governance, and management of APIs. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading, growing, and developing a team of innovative Software Engineers in designing, implementing, and delivering high-quality software products. To be successful in this role, you must be able to lead effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. This position requires strong technical, design, communication, and collaboration skills. We have aggressive goals over the next couple of years and are looking for candidates with a passion for APIs and a can-do attitude.
What you will be doing
• Leads a team to provide high-quality, maintainable software that meets business and technology needs.
• Must be able to influence other software and IT managers to design and build solutions that meet our needs.
• Manage career progression for team members, including hiring, performance reviews, salary decisions, mentoring, coaching, and all duties normally associated with a hiring manager.
• Represent your team in strategy and planning meetings.
• Work with your team to plan, design, implement and operationalize innovations and improvements to existing APIs.
• Work with your team to continually improve their processes and develop best practices for agile development that delivers value to our stakeholders.
• Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
• Share knowledge by effectively documenting plans, decisions, and task ownership.
• Forecasts resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected client spend.
What we offer you
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Software Development / Engineering experience in fast paced environments.
• Experience leading teams preferable using a Scaled Agile framework.
• Experience building RESTful APIs using Java/Spring frameworks with ability to work at design level.
• Experience working with Cloud and Cloud Native technologies such as AWS Services, CI/CD, Containerization, Kubernetes/OpenShift etc.
• Strategic experience with API clients and integrators.
• Building and Leading outstanding multi-location Software Engineering team by coaching engineers, promoting engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to high engineering standards.
• Self-motivated, proactive, creative, efficient, and have the ability to inspire and motivate a team
• Foster long-term thinking and innovation and promote your organization to support our business
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management.
• Experience working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.