Senior Software Development Engineer, Test at Alteryx (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
About Alteryx Advanced Analytics Organization
The Alteryx Advanced Analytics organization has grown out of the acquisition of the MIT-spinoff Feature Labs. Our team owns Alteryx Advanced Analytics products including Alteryx Promote, Alteryx Intelligence Suite, and Alteryx Machine Learning, and combines the excitement of a fast-paced, innovative startup with the resources, market penetration, and wisdom of a data analytics market leader. Our goal is to turbo-charge analytics efforts of the Alteryx Platform and enable anyone to solve dynamic problems. We are working on high-impact, high-visibility projects, and we're looking for new teammates to help us build the best set of Analytics products in the market.
At Alteryx, we believe that quality needs to be baked into our products on day 1 and is deeply rooted in these products' technical underpinnings. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, Test, you will be a key member responsible for this for doing this. To be successful, you must have a thorough technical knowledge of how applications and systems are built as well as how to test [and break] them. You will have done this at least once before and be prepared to do so again here in order to help us deliver the next generation machine learning platform to our customers.
- Design and implement testing strategy, architecture and technology - this is a hands-on coding role
- Analyze project requirements to determine effective test strategies for new and existing functionality
- Monitor automated testing results of products during development and prior to public releases
- Roll up your sleeves and do manual testing as necessary (but we certainly want this to be minimal!)
- Ensure there is adequate testing in place when bugs are resolved to avoid regressions
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Ensure documentation properly describes functionality of our software
- Promote a culture of rigorous automated testing across all products on our team
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Experience with coding using Python and/or Java/Scala
- Experience with source code control systems like Git
- Experience with Cloud-Based environments (AWS, Azure, Google) and docker-based systems
- Experience with testing automation tools and processes such as CircleCI, Github Actions, Gatling
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience testing distributed backend systems
- Experience working with various data storage systems
- Experience working on machine learning products
- Experience working/testing Windows desktop applications
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Boston is $122,100 - $207,600. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.