Senior Software Development Engineer (PHP/React) at Church Community Builder, a division of Pushpay
*The following states are approved as remote work locations for this position: CA, CO, FL, GA, HI, IA, MI, NC, NY, OH, SD, TN, TX, WA. All other states are not in consideration for this role at this time.
Here at Pushpay, we are leaders in our industry supporting 10,000+ customers to drive social good in communities around the world through our suite of SaaS products. In the 2021 financial year we were honored to process US$6.9 billion in charitable giving. We think that makes for a pretty special environment to grow a career. Over the last few years Pushpay has grown substantially, including an exciting acquisition in 2020 and the need to bring multiple products into a cohesive user experience that increases outcomes for our users.
Our world class development team exists to build valuable software tools that drive community, connection and belonging for church leaders and members.
We are a New Zealand based company, publicly traded on the NZX. Our engineering and product teams are based in Colorado Springs and Auckland, with additional support in Seattle.
About the Role
Here in our Colorado Springs office we need a Senior Software Development Engineer for React that has the skills and passion to collaboratively build great software tools while contributing to a vibrant development culture.
Our team is constantly challenged with scaling, enhancing, and maintaining modern world- class engagement and payment experiences through web and mobile apps.
As well as being surrounded by other dedicated and talented software engineers and teams, we provide an environment that promotes open discussion about approaches to solve complex problems, and encourages engineers to learn new technologies and techniques.
The role requires solid experience with managing project commitments, timelines, and cross team collaboration. You will be working closely with Product and Design to ensure smooth product deliveries and we pride ourselves in our engineering and product relationship.
This role has high growth opportunities, including expanding responsibility in leading engineering teams. Therefore, adaptability and eagerness to learn are essential qualities for this role.
You'll be a member of a feature team of developers, responsible for delivering solutions that drive user outcomes in your product area, and contributing to a cohesive experience across the product suite. You value working directly with product managers, designers and QAs on a daily basis; influencing others to ensure the best outcomes for our users and our product. You deeply care about people, and have a passion to create a place where talented people want to work.
A qualified candidate will typically have:
- 4+ years in software development experience
- A record of making positive impacts through technology based experiences
- Ability to solve complex development problems with scalable solutions that future development can understand and build on top of
- The ability to communicate fluidly and pragmatically in written and verbal forms to fellow team members, and at times, leaders
- Experience with collaborative and agile software development practices
- The capability to form meaningful working partnerships with product managers, designers and QAs
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- 100% Employer-paid premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits plus 401(k) program.
- Annual training allowance
- Bringing together exceptionally talented and generous colleagues
- Use your software development superpower to craft products that have large social impact
- Flexible working program
- Competitive salary
- Mac-based gear + latest UX tools
- Communicative leadership
- Volunteering options through our employee led Pushpay Cares team
- Grow your skills in a mature software development practice where self-directed learning and growth are part of your consistent work rhythms.
CO state: $112,000 - $137,000
Job Type: Full Time