KPA exists to help companies keep their workforces safe and healthy. At the end of the day, we succeed if our clients can send their employees home at night, having not experienced the trauma of a workplace accident or an injury.
How do we do it? By offering a unique combination of software, consulting, and training that helps clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems so they can focus on what’s important—their core business.
Help us help keep people safe and businesses working efficiently. Named as one of Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work, KPA is made up of diverse, vibrant individuals working together for the greater good.
We’re here to help our clients build safe, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
As a member of the Technology team, the Senior Software Developer will play a crucial role in delivering modern, web-based software based in Angular and Microsoft Stack of technologies (Including Angular, REST API, .NET Core, Entity Framework core, SQL Server). Must be enthusiastic about mentoring, quality, and unit testing - we aim to get it right the first time! The successful candidate has experience creating scalable solutions and delivering high quality software for KPA’s Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
In the first 2 weeks, you will:
- Have a running development environment confirmed by successfully building the code base for the existing product.
- Accept, estimate, develop and test a set of low-priority defects associated with one product.
- Have the solutions peer reviewed and passed prior to check-in
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Have a minimum of two features ready for delivery following the defined development process and deploy the features to production.
- Contribute towards the planning, tasking, execution and delivery as defined by an agile development environment that includes reporting time against tasks, estimation of effort, code reviews and commitment to delivery.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Demonstrate development productivity and quality on par with the other team members through the daily input of status information. All developed code will be highly scalable, high-quality, object-oriented, and comply with KPA standards.
- Demonstrate either the ability to design and develop: a) rich user interfaces using standard compliant technologies, b) C# service/business/data layers and other distributed processing components, c) back-end tools to help with builds, deployments, troubleshooting.
In the first 6 months, you will:
- Collaborate with team members, project managers, product managers and other senior executives on identifying and documenting the technical tasks.
- Contribute to the analysis, solution designs and implementations of major new system components
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of KPA’s SaaS platform to the point of leading feature development for multiple components of the platform
- Provide leadership to other team members on technology, design, and best practices.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with .Net Stack - C# Visual Web Development, .net CORE, Entity Framework core, SQL Server (minimum of 5 years)
- Expert in REST architecture patterns
- Experience in enterprise software using Object Oriented programming, n-tier design, and service-oriented architecture
- Angular experience highly desired, experience with SPA applications required (Rxjs and Reactive Forms)
- Passionate about unit testing – Xunit and Jasmine frameworks
- Experience working in a scrum environment with well defined definition of done.
- Experience with Git or other source control systems.
- Creative and passionate about cutting edge technologies and continuous personal and team improvement, desire to serve as coach and mentor to more junior team members.
- Committed to deliver great software solutions, with a deep sense of personal ownership and passion for working with all types of Software Developers and QA Analysts
- Work ethic that corresponds with KPA’s core values: Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Restpectful, Teamwork
- Experience with build automation tools and continuous integration & continuous delivery (with VSTS/Azure DevOps a plus)
- Experience building applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Annual base salary between $120k-130k
- Bonus up to 10% annually
- This position will be based out of KPA's corporate headquarters in Lafayette, CO. We are currently working fully remote during the COVID-19 pandemic and are continuing to develop our return to office plans, which will likely be a hybrid remote/in-person model.
For over 30 years, KPA has helped 10,000+ clients achieve regulatory compliance, maintain a safe workplace, and save money.
Business Nuts and Bolts
Founded in 1986, KPA is a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. KPA solutions help clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems across their entire enterprise. The combination of KPA's software, consulting services, and award-winning training content helps organizations minimize risk so they can focus on what's important—their core business.
KPA’s majority investor is a tier-one private equity firm, Providence Equity Partners, which provides -capital and expertise to accelerate growth organically and through additional acquisitions. We’re now in an exciting time of accelerated growth with the promotion of our SaaS solutions.
Honoring Our Experiences, Building Mutual Respect
At KPA, we strive to build an environment that respects our talented colleagues’ individual experiences and mutual respect for our customers and partners regardless of color, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. We aim to make meaningful contributions to celebrate our differences and learn from each other, uniting in an open and accepting culture that acknowledges everyone’s physical, workplace safety, and psychological safety.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work 2021 by Built In Colorado.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (dependent on medical plan)
- Paid Time Off increasing with tenure
- Paid Holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- No-cost Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]