In the first 2 weeks, you will:
- Have a running development environment confirmed by successfully building the code base for the existing product.
- Accept, estimate, develop and test a set of low-priority defects associated with one product.
- Have the solutions peer reviewed and passed prior to check-in
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Have a minimum of two features ready for delivery following the defined development process and deploy the features to production.
- Contribute towards the planning, tasking, execution and delivery as defined by an agile development environment that includes reporting time against tasks, estimation of effort, code reviews and commitment to delivery.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Demonstrate development productivity and quality on par with the other team members through the daily input of status information. All developed code will be highly scalable, high-quality, object-oriented, and comply with KPA standards.
- Demonstrate either the ability to design and develop: a) rich user interfaces using standard compliant technologies, b) C# service/business/data layers and other distributed processing components, c) back-end tools to help with builds, deployments, troubleshooting.
In the first 6 months, you will:
- Collaborate with team members, project managers, product managers and other senior executives on identifying and documenting the technical tasks.
- Contribute to the analysis, solution designs and implementations of major new system components
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of KPA’s SaaS platform to the point of leading feature development for multiple components of the platform
- Provide leadership to other team members on technology, design, and best practices.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with .Net Stack - C# Visual Web Development, .net CORE, Entity Framework core, SQL Server (minimum of 5 years)
- Expert in REST architecture patterns
- Experience in enterprise software using Object Oriented programming, n-tier design, and service-oriented architecture
- Angular experience highly desired, experience with SPA applications required (Rxjs and Reactive Forms)
- Passionate about unit testing – Xunit and Jasmine frameworks
- Experience working in a scrum environment with well defined definition of done.
- Experience with Git or other source control systems.
- Creative and passionate about cutting edge technologies and continuous personal and team improvement, desire to serve as coach and mentor to more junior team members.
- Committed to deliver great software solutions, with a deep sense of personal ownership and passion for working with all types of Software Developers and QA Analysts
- Work ethic that corresponds with KPA’s core values: Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Restpectful, Teamwork
- Experience with build automation tools and continuous integration & continuous delivery (with VSTS/Azure DevOps a plus)
- Experience building applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Annual base salary between $120k-130k
- Bonus up to 10% annually
- This position will be based out of KPA's corporate headquarters in Lafayette, CO. We are currently working fully remote during the COVID-19 pandemic and are continuing to develop our return to office plans, which will likely be a hybrid remote/in-person model.