Senior Software Developer at Webroot, an OpenText company
You are an experienced software developer with an interest in growing your technical skills, learning or expanding your knowledge of cyber security and macOS. You have strong experience with high level programming languages: C++/Swift/Objective-C and you seek to apply that knowledge at a company committed to providing top-notch cyber security: malware detection/remediation, browsing security. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we seek to empower a strong software engineer to complement our Agile team that provides security and peace of mind to consumer and business customers worldwide. We are a team committed to building a culture that is high on collaboration and low on egos. You will be an integral part of our team designing, developing and maintaining our suite of security products for macOS. You will learn and grow your skills in as a macOS software developer. Over time, you will deliver high quality, performant, and secure code/products; continuously improving development processes and product quality by implementing best practices and utilizing quality assurance tools. You will research and prototype new products and features revolving around our macOS product offerings. This is a chance to grow in information security using your skills with C++, Swift and other languages and applying them to macOS internals. Our mission is to develop cutting-edge internet security and anti-malware applications that utilize our revolutionary, cloud-based technology. Join us!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional experience developing in either: C/C++, Objective-C or Swift.
- Experience or knowledge of XCode, codesign, Git.
- macOS internals knowledge is preferred but not required including: file system, process, IPC, virtual memory, etc.
- Experience with networking protocols and software interfaces.
- Proven experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Knowledge of Software Design Patterns.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code.
- Quality-focused mindset.
- Ability to work in Agile and highly collaborative environments.
- Understanding of Agile principles and concepts.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Mobile development experience.
- Proven experience writing daemons and system level applications for Mac.
- Understanding software security and malware detection principles.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing drivers for Mac.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience with Test Driven Development.
- Mac AppStore deployment.
- Knowledge of the Cocoa development framework and XCode.
- Significant experience developing user interface-driven applications
- Experience with high-performance, high-availability, large data volume product development.