Senior Software Developer - UI - Innovation at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
About the Innovation & Incubation Team at FIS
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team.
The innovation & incubation team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS. Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. The products delivered by the innovation & incubation team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
This role is critical to the success of the innovation & incubation team. We are seeking the best developers who have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to deliver quality code. You will be joining an ultra-fast paced and high-performing team tasked with prototyping entirely new fintech concepts and taking them from new idea through design, build, and execution. We are developers who love prototyping and exploring new technologies!
- Participate in the innovation process, bringing your unique technical view on new concepts to the table
- Prototype new concepts
- Collaborate with architecture to design systems necessary to bring ideas to fruition
- Apply your varied experience to the full-stack development process
- Be decisive on what technologies are needed to prototype a concept
Attributes that will push your application to the top of the stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Building API’s in .NET Core or nodeJs (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database solutions (one of SQL Server, CouchDB, MongoDB, MySql, PostreSQL)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure in AWS and/or Azure
- Prior experience with innovation, accelerator and/or venture teams
- Native and framework-based Mobile development
- Demonstrated public presence in open-source software community such as Github or Stack Overflow profiles
- Be a builder!
- Serially curious
- 5+ years of software design, development and delivery experience
- Experience working with large and small development teams both collaboratively onsite and with offshore resources
- A growth mindset and the ability to genuinely embrace challenges and persist in the face of setbacks
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver secure, stable, and reusable components that a proper code foundation can leverage
- Relevant experience in a high growth environment (startup experience a bonus!)
- Passion for creativity and an ability to think outside the box
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies on the fly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technology Skill Set
- Website development using React, Angular or Vue
- Strong experience translating high-fidelity prototypes (such as PSDs or Figma) into HTML/CSS using common CSS Frameworks
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Experience developing in a rapid CI/CD environment
- Strong knowledge of GIT branching and merging
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of object-oriented development
What we offer you:
- Ownership of your role and the ability to drive the design of our products going forward
- Impact on an innovative product pipeline, and the opportunity to shape the future of fintech
- Opportunity to shape and influence an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on accountability, creativity, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.