Senior Software Developer in Test at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:13 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Who we are:
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a remote-first workplace, but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the role
We’re looking for an individual to grow with us, introduce us to new ideas, and help us scale our products with quality to our users. You will work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, our support team, and our developer advocate in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You are specialized in full stack QA (front end, web service, & non-functional infrastructure testing) and will design, build, and adapt testing infrastructure from scratch so that we have effective pre and post production tests. Additionally, you have hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes in any of the cloud platforms. You should be comfortable following code from development through production and bring your expertise to help turn incidents into test cases.
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Chaos Engineering, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD, etc.
- Becoming an expert in testing best practices and developing Infrastructure, API and Load Testing solutions with industry standards and help the team to advance a strong left shift culture
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts to simulate our customers use cases and collaborate with the developers to ensure there is sufficient integration and regression test cases.
- You will establish detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans which are streamlined for automation.
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer science or related field preferred
- Must have knowledge and experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, GCP or AWS
- 5+ years' experience in QA role with automation responsibilities
- Must have previous hands-on experience implementing an automation framework of front-end, back-end, Load testing and REST API services/applications
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You're a team player as well as self-starter who needs little supervision. You have the ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile environment
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.