Senior Software Configuration Management Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Software Configuration Management Specialist
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the primary Software Configuration Management (SCM) Specialist for multiple programs.
- Responsible for the development of SCM Plans that document how SCM requirements are implemented on programs.
- Develop and implement a SCM Change Control process that is consistent across multiple programs.
- Facilitate Software Configuration Change Boards (SCCB), provide meeting minutes, and track tickets to ensure only authorized changes are implemented.
- Perform code releases within ATLASSIAN JiRA/Confluence/bitbucket and Subversion SCM tools.
- Perform reviews of commits/changes to tickets and SCRs, as well as ticket status changes and assigning/moving tickets for next phase in workflow.
- Manage/setup repository workflows according to program class and security.
- Must create tags, perform audits, and create baselined software packages for code releases.
- Use version control tools and branching/labeling strategies.
- Use SharePoint to update and maintain process documentation, update applications installs/downloads on the SCM Homepage.
- Facilitate review boards as necessary.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support SW technical meetings.
- Establish and maintain SCM records.
- Provide hardware support as required utilizing standard engineering concepts to release engineering drawings in Agile.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to use audit tools, such as GITSCAT and Subversion SCAT to perform audits within the correct revision range, requires occasional upgrade and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Ruby Programming language and COSMOS (framework for generating audit syntax).
- Familiarity with Linux Server VMware administration, and backend project creation and maintenance, as well as running scripts and updating scripts.
- Experience with defect tracking software and automated build tools.
- Quick, critical thinking skills to troubleshoot applications, servers, or urgent user issues that interrupt the daily tasks for end users and developers.
- Experience in server migrations and upgrades for applications servers as well as SCM server platforms.
- Familiarity with development and production support environments.
- Working knowledge of Agile.
- Effective communication and team skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Requirements management experience desired.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management and CMII best practices is preferred.
- CMPIC or NDIA Certifications are preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.