Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Moov Financial (Remote)
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our infra team. Moov’s infra team is responsible for a variety of cross-cutting concerns from cloud environments and CI/CD to scalability and reliability of the platform infrastructure. Their mission is to give other Moovers the tools that they need to build the best payments platform possible.
- Build software to support next-generation financial products as well as the pipelines to build, deploy and monitor them
- Manage Infrastructure as Code across everything from public cloud providers to relational databases and secrets management facilities
- Reproduce customer issues with our tools and contribute fixes to them
- Triage and respond to incidents and incoming support requests
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- 3-5+ years experience in an SRE or software engineering role
- Owned and operated production web services in public clouds like GCP or AWS
- Proficiency with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Pulumi
- Experience with observability, performance analysis, and load testing tools like DataDog, HoneyComb, Loki, and Prometheus
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Marathon, or cloud-specific solutions like Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), or AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- Strong understanding of networking, including TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP, VPNs
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) like GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or Travis
- Software development experience in languages such as Go, Java, C#, Ruby, Python
- Experience with event streaming platforms such as Kafka
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- Bonus if you have experience contributing to open-source projects, working in regulated environments, or writing production software in strongly-typed languages
Technologies we use and teach
- The Hashicorp suite of tools including Terraform, Vault, and Consul
- Cloud-native runtime and deployment technologies like Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- Go, Typescript, and a little bit of Python
- Microservices that speak JSON and Protobuf
- Event-based architectures that use Kafka and webhooks
- Observability and monitoring using Prometheus, Grafana, Loki
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 23 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 3000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $155k to $185k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.
Share our job roles with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.