Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (Chicago HQ or Remote)
We are a dynamic team of engineers that iterate on ideas and products for a growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. Here, we can provide interesting challenges and puzzles to solve as our technical stack rapidly evolves. You will be able to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will concentrate on our infrastructure and core services. We want to deliver a stable and responsive experience to our users and customers, and value maintainable and practical construction over band-aids and hacks.Your job
- You will work in several technologies:
- Platforms such as Unix (Linux/MacOS), Terraform, Vault, Docker, Bash, Varnish, Airflow, Memcached, MySQL, ElasticSearch, and Snowflake
- Languages such as Go, Python, PHP, and Node.js
- Including HTTP-based, RESTful APIs
- You will work in a cloud environment (AWS), using various technologies including ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and SQS.
- You will have a clearly-defined path for growth based around a career framework.
- You love working with systems: understanding them, building them, and keeping them healthy.
- You have a strong background with Unix environments, which can include Linux, BSD, and MacOS (terminal).
- You have worked with Docker and with some kind of orchestration framework--examples of which include Elastic Container Service (ECS) and Kubernetes.
- You have programmed with modern backend languages. A list of those includes Go, Rust, and Python.
- You will have at least 4+ years of experience in an infrastructure role. This could include Site Reliability, but can also include DevOps or Infrastructure.
- You have worked in a cloud computing environment. This can include Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, and Azure.
- You love solving puzzles. Maybe that's writing code on personal projects; maybe that's doing thousand-piece jigsaw puzzles; maybe that's Rubik's cubes. You strive to understand how things are put together and why they aren't working.
- You want to be a part of a team that succeeds as a unit, and you want mentorship from other engineers as much as you want to mentor those engineers yourself.
- You understand that communication and transparency is vital to being part of any functional team.
The team members we’re looking to hire will work out of our office at 203 N LaSalle located in the beautiful city of Chicago. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, commuter benefits, 401(k) match, casual dress, catered lunch (Monday - Thursday) and cold brew coffee on tap.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Due to the effects of COVID-19, Built In has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. We are continuing to hire for all open roles, and will be interviewing and onboarding virtually until further notice. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.