Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Kubernetes at Alteryx
Site Reliability Engineering is a new discipline at Alteryx where the team deploys, maintains and operates Alertyx's Cloud SaaS Products. The team works with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, SRE and the Customer service teams to ensure SaaS services are available and performant. This team will originate customer software/service fixes, contributing to various code bases, ensuring product availability, scalability and resiliency. In addition, team members will automate respond to alerts and program alert remediation.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a SME for container orchestration technology
- Promotes our customer centered approach to be a part of our customer's solutions
- Deploy, Provision, maintain Alteryx's Cloud SaaS products
- Work with product teams on non-functional requirements for SaaS products including resiliency, security, availability
- Improve and configure product observability/alerts and automate remediation through programming
- Serve as an escalation point for customer SaaS instances for availability, performance and application behavior issues
- Author code fixes for software/service issues. Work with Product Engineering teams to merge code
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address customer problems
- Participate in an on-call rotation for off-hours support on a periodic basis
- Train and mentor associate team members
- 3 or more years experience designing, programming and/or operating distributed systems software
- 2 or more years experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, k3s or another container orchestration technology
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills related to containers, distributed systems and kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD technologies like ArgoCD, Jenkins, or another CD
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP a plus
- Ability to break down and discuss technical issues and solutions with non-technical team members
- Any experience with modern observability stacks like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Datadog, Splunk, SumoLogic, TICK stack
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield Colorado is $101,700 - $172,900. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.