Sr. Server Engineer
The Senior Server Engineer will be responsible for Zoom Phone Server task design & development, production issues and solutions, server enhancements, ticket support & solution, requirements analysis, supporting new customer features, supporting new SBC features, problems analysis, and supporting the Operations team with their deployments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ year's experience with the following:
Zoom Phone Server Task Design & Development (30%)
- Design the overall architecture for Zoom Phone tasks and communication interfaces with client & web teams, including detailed control flow at SIP level
- Work with Web Development team on SQL Design and Data structure management in Redis
- Use C/Lua to implement control logic
- Clearly specify control command requests and their interaction between clients, servers, and the interaction flow with other server modules
- Drive tasks across teams and ensure seamless feature roll out after release plan
- Work cross-functionally with the database team to review any SQL changes
- Responsible for unit & integration tests with client/web team
- Ensure tracking logs are easy-to-understand for future debugging
Zoom Phone Server Production Issues Analysis & Support (10%)
- Support our Operations team to check production issues on time
- Ability to prioritize and drive issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Review issues and solutions to improve our code/processing flow, etc
Zoom Phone Server Enhancements (10%)
- Research technologies and improvements that will enhance features, server control flow, performance etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse, distributed team to discuss and implement future enhancements & possible solutions
Zoom Phone Ticket Support & Solution (20%)
- Analyze customer tickets and work with the support team to ensure we have a clear understanding of customer problems
- Obtain exact call records by acquiring logs, capturing files, calling numbers and gathering any account and relevant information, that helps us document control flow based on info in ELK logs
- Work with engineering team to find final resolution that resolves and closes customer issues
- Review issues and take action, as needed to improve our system
Customer New Features Requirements Analysis (10%)
- Work with PM/TPM to ensure new feature requirements are accurately understood
- Design use-cases and review them with the team, to give clear direction and delegate tasks
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to confirm the final design, scope and assign the task leader and owner
Work with SBC Team on New Features Design and Problems Analysis (10%)
- Discuss and review current issues with SBC technical support
- Report any new SBC issues and work with the Engineering & QA teams to find a solution
- Work with the Engineering team to improve our Client & Server control flow to match SBC requests
Support for Operation Team Deployments (10%)
- Support the Operation Team with any problems during deployment
- Support testing of basic functions after new package deployment, including, but not limited to: basic calls, hold, transfer, recording, merge call, upgrade to meeting, network changes
- Work with Operations team to discuss and review deployment details for new release
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Given Zoom’s status as a federal contractor, we are subject to President Biden’s Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As such, Zoom requires all US employees, including remote employees, to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram