As a Senior Security Engineer, you'll be joining a highly-distributed team that is paving the path forward for our team of more than 170 engineers to have early & fast feedback, and tooling to aid them in supporting our customers needs in as secure and robust a way as possible. The Security Development team is at the heart of CircleCI’s business, which is responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day.Engineering at CircleCI is Remote First
Being remote-first, we foster a culture that is inclusive of remote workers while allowing everyone to be the most productive. Read more about our remote-first culture here.What You’ll Do:
- Build tools and services used to tackle security problems using a combination of Clojure and Go.
- Drive innovative new approaches, create interest in the teams services, and tools, and break down silos to help achieve goals. -
- Implement long-term technical strategies for the Security Development team -
- Foster a culture of ideas, write problem statements, and proactively consult so other engineers understand the security implications of their ongoing work.
- Actively participate with interviewing candidates for security roles, help refine roles and their descriptions. Help with candidate outreach efforts, such as writing blog posts or speaking at conferences.
- Share rotating on-call duties with security teams.
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, naturally curious and interested in learning, has strong communication and collaboration skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouragement. You have strong opinions on project design that is based on experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- Practical experience with a functional language like Clojure or a procedural language like Go. Alternatively, demonstrable experience with Java, Python, or other languages are acceptable with an ability to learn Clojure & Go.
- Good analytic and troubleshooting skills..
- Comfortable working synchronously, asynchronously, and in distributed remote teams.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience working with some mixture of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, and AWS.
- Someone who is calm in high pressure situations
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $136,000 - $159,800/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level