Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
As the Security Engineer at Automox, you’ll play a mission-critical role in supporting incident response, vulnerability identification, and remediation, as well as security control implementation. Your role reports directly to the Director - Information Security and Research and you’ll work cross-functionally with other stakeholders in DevOps, ITOps, and Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working closely with DevSecOps and SRE teams to build, maintain, and enhance current cloud monitoring and incident response processes and toolsets.
- Build proactive security automations aimed at decreasing manual remediation work
- Maintain security processes tied to critical security and compliance controls
- Support and maintain critical security infrastructure
- Help improve our detection capabilities through engineering projects and tooling improvements
- Perform risk analysis and provide prioritized remediation recommendations to engineering teams
- Vulnerability identification, validation, and remediation.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Expertise in Endpoint Protection Platforms, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures.
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods.
- Planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards, and procedures.
- AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS) security.
- Automating security testing tools.
- Experience with offensive security tools
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$134,000 - $156,000/year
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.