Senior Salesforce Developer
Guild is hiring for a Senior Salesforce Developer to work with our internal Salesforce team to enhance and streamline our Salesforce system.
In this role, you will help build customized solutions in Salesforce enabling efficiency and growth for our operational teams. We’ll look to you to execute on technical requirements both within Salesforce and integrating with our other applications, as well as collaborate on general system improvements.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will:
- Work on our Internal Tools team to enhance Guild Education’s day-to-day operations within Salesforce and to support our employees, staff, and students
- Architect and build customized solutions in Salesforce.com and associated systems that support business requirements and processes using Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning
- Research and help us implement the latest in Salesforce technologies, such as SFDX
- Provide technical feedback during requirements gathering from stakeholders across multiple business departments
- Design and implement automated solutions to ensure that internal data remains accurate and clean
- Implement and/or test third-party integrations with Salesforce that help to accurately transfer data between multiple systems, including external systems
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, views, custom workflows, and processes
- Participate in weekly stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and analytics meetings and reflections
- Work with the engineering team to establish and promote best practices within Salesforce
- Draw from your experience to enhance and uplevel your teammates technical skills
- Establish and enforce coding standards for our custom Apex, Visualforce and Lightning
- Provide a path to help us scale our systems as we continue to grow
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Salesforce team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), & Jessica Rusin (Senior VP, Engineering).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Advanced level Salesforce development skills with 4+ years of experience in similar roles
- Data analysis tools such as SOQL (within Salesforce) and SQL (outside of Salesforce)
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention-to-detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Bachelors degree required
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.