Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing self-funded companies in the United States and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it’s not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
Does it drive you nuts when a component is two pixels off? Does your self-worth depend upon the user experience you create? Do you love inventing sleek UI solutions? If you're ready to do this and more, then Velocity Global is the place for you as we are looking for a Senior React Developer to be based in Denver, CO. This position will report to our Chief Technology Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver world-class software using React single-page application (SPA) and API architectures
- Participate in all activities from ideation to delivery as a "no ego" team member
- Bring your own creativity, working with the Product team on “what’s possible”
- Constantly improve, growing as a developer, leader, and human
- Keep it as simple as possible and no simpler
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial software
- Front-end skills using:
- MV* architectures like React, Angular, Ember, or Backbone
- A module and component design approach with AMD/RequireJS, CommonJS, or similar
- Lightweight view template binding designs with KnockoutJS, Angular, or similar
- Workflow and build tools such as npm, grunt, gulp, ant etc.
- Stellar speed, quality, and resiliency with:
- SaaS platform experience in high-availability, fast-paced, and growing environments
- Solid foundations, including re-factoring, unit testing, test-driven development, test automation, and continuous delivery
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field is nice, but aptitude and experience trump. We find that the best software developers come from many diverse backgrounds
These Would Also Be Very Cool:
- APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Continuous Integration with AWS CodePipeline or similar
- Hybrid native mobile development using Cordova
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.