Senior Quality Engineer at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Senior - Lead
Travel Requirement: Minimal Travel Required
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As a Senior Quality Engineer at Xactly, you will be responsible for quality assurance related activities and following the complete end-to-end testing lifecycle including testing the products existing and new features, automating test cases, reporting bugs, etc. You will be trained well on all aspects i.e. Products training, Automation tools & infrastructure, CI/CD etc. ensuring their success in scrum teams. Xactly QE team members work with the cutting edge tools & technologies like Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, RestAssure, Nightwatch, VMWare, Jenkins, Docker, OpenNebula, Jmeter to name a few. You will also be expected to lead and train junior engineers on your team.
Xactly's QE team is a rapidly growing & very well diversified team with very strong focus on cutting-edge test automation tools & technologies. We are a very strong team comprising of 35+ members spread across our engineering centers in San Jose, Denver and Bangalore (India). All engineers in QE team are encouraged to operate independently and with highest levels of accountability. Each QE engineer works with tight-knit team of back-end developers, front-end developers, Product Managers in the scrum teams with laser focus on producing high quality code & products for our customers.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a QA or testing environment
- Experience training and mentoring junior level Quality Engineers
- Ability to develop test strategy, design test plans and test cases
- Experience doing code reviews
- Experience in an Agile Scrum methodology
- Programming experience in one OOP language such as Java
- Strong SQL query knowledge
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev and QE processes
- Gain exposure to Xactly QE tools & technologies
- Participate in scrum development process
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Learn Xactly's SaaS technology stack
- Learn the Xactly product & feature suite
- Learn Xactly QE automation frameworks, tools & technologies
- Participate in QE activities like test planning & automations in scrum teams
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Ensure best QE practices are being used
- Ensure that we are releasing high quality releases
- Participate & contribute towards Product & feature releases
- Perform RCA's on Production Escapes and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Gain expertise in Xactly product you are working on
- Take full ownership of features/modules you are responsible for testing.
- Work closely with your scrum teams is sprint planning & feature design discussions
- Continuously work on process improvements in your team to minimize production defect escapes
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. Our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: To incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products allow organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance, improve margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.