WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHO YOU ARE...
The QA Lead is accountable for guiding the QA Staff in enhancing the testability, code health, infrastructure, performance, and monitoring of the software and systems developed at Maxwell. You'll contribute to improving the quality, stability, and scalability of Maxwell’s products by providing mentorship and technical guidance to the QA Staff in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all Maxwell products/features/applications.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Collaborate effectively with a team of Software Engineers, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and Customer Support to enhance and improve the quality, stability, and scalability of Maxwell’s products.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Guide the process of converting manual testing into automated tests and mentor QA staff to do the same.
- Recommend and implement testing frameworks and tools to support the QA function
- Work with other engineers and departments to integrate testing into the CI/CD process.
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests and document results of tests for the software development team.
- Contribute to our sprint goals by owning the QA of bug fixes and enhancements
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance by providing reporting and analytics of product quality.
- Troubleshoot issues and predict bottlenecks related to UI design and API calls
- Participate in daily stand-ups, Sprint Ceremonies, and other group discussions.
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Extensive experience doing both manual and automated QA for one or more web applications. Mobile applications are a plus, but not required.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day QA priorities and coach team members to manage QA tasks during the Sprint.
- Strong knowledge of SaaS web software + B2B web applications
- Prior experience working with one or more cloud services like AWS, Heroku, Azure, CFP
- Experience in a fast growing startup environment is a plus, but not required.
- Functional and nonfunctional testing with a strong understanding of software QA methodologies
- Eager to learn and improve yourself as well as the entire team.
- Experience with a diverse set of QA tools outside of Selenium such as Robot Framework, Jest, Cypress, Playwright, and/or similar.
Not sure you meet all of our ideals? We're a company focused on capabilities and would still love to hear from you so please apply!
OUR TECH STACK...
- Backend: Ruby on Rails (Rails 5.x)
- Databases/Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Cloudflare, Lambdas, SQS, and more
Compensation Range: $115,000-$135,000
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Dedication to your physical and mental health - flexible vacation time, 2 paid days off to volunteer at the charity of your choice, and strong benefits packages to best suit your needs
- Not only do we give you a WFH Stipend to be comfortable, we also give you a Development Stipend and TIME during the workweek to dedicate to your growth and continued learning!!
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A people-centric culture: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description