Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to work cross functionally within our organization. This role will work across multiple development teams closely with product and the business to help orchestrate testing of cross functional operations. This position is responsible for learning how multiple teams and products interact to deliver a larger end goal and in that helping to drive processes and procedure to ensure quality and timely delivery.
The Senior QA engineer is responsible for helping to expedite the process with new procedures, technology, and automation where possible as well as defect tracking and delegation to teams.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
- Build and own processes for testing designated team products and automated testing efforts,
- Working closely with product, engineers, and business to fully acceptance-test new features, bug fixes, and enhancements,
- Execute and maintain functional, regression, acceptance, and performance testing,
- Report, track and help determine priorities for enhancements and bugs,
- Create automated testing and collaborate with engineering and DevOps to establish the necessary infrastructure to make this a reality,
- Actively support/troubleshoot escalated issues from both internal and external customers.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience, focused on software quality assurance,
- 2+ years of automated testing experience, including building and maintaining of testing solutions of backend services and APIs,
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance concepts and methodologies with an emphasis on automation,
- Hands on experience with API, functional, compatibility, acceptance/smoke testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging, installation and multi-platform testing.
- Experience using issue tracking systems and test case management tools,
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality,
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, early stage startup environment,
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to solve complex problems in the face of time pressure and information/resource constraints,
- Ability to manage continuously changing business needs; excellent multi-tasking and time management skills required,
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.