Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 2500 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Pax8 Engineering is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance engineer (SQA) to develop and execute functional, backend, web services and exploratory test methods to ensure product quality.
The Senior Quality Assurance (SQA) responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review business and technical requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The (SQA) also collaborates with project stakeholders, QA engineers, and software developers as part of the software development life cycle to produce quality software. They will also participate in all phases of testing, including planning, development, regression testing and the revision of project plans and scope
The (SQA) role plays an important part in Pax8’s software development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure that the software runs smoothly and meets the company’s standards, while also being cost-effective.
If you hold a software engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of the software development life cycle to identify and resolve system defects and malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing methodologies tools and test strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality Assurance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar field experience preferred (will also consider business experience and individuals pursuing a degree)
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools
- Knowledge of Automation processes and principles
- CI Tools (Jenkins) and (GitHub)
- Knowledge of database management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the Engineering team
- Work Efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Backend and Web Services Testing (Restful)