Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to work cross functionally within our organization. This role will work across multiple development teams closely with product and the business to help orchestrate testing of multi-functional operations. This position is responsible for learning how multiple teams and products interact to deliver a larger end goal and in that helping to drive processes and procedure to ensure quality and timely delivery.
The Senior QA engineer is responsible for helping to expedite the process with new procedures, technology, and automation where possible as well as defect tracking and delegation to teams.As a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you will:
- Build and own processes for testing designated team products and automated testing efforts,
- Working closely with product, engineers, and business to fully acceptance-test new features, bug fixes, and improvements,
- Execute and maintain functional, regression, acceptance, and performance testing,
- Report, track and help determine priorities for enhancements and bugs,
- Create automated testing and collaborate with engineering and DevOps to establish the necessary infrastructure to make this a reality,
- Actively support/solve intensified issues from both internal and external customers.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of proven experience, passionate about software quality assurance,
- 2+ years of automated testing experience, including building and maintaining of testing solutions of backend services and APIs,
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance concepts and methodologies with an emphasis on automation,
- Hands on experience with API, functional, compatibility, acceptance/smoke testing, ad-hoc/exploratory, database, regression, staging, installation and multi-platform testing.
- Experience using issue tracking systems and test case management tools,
- Outstanding attention to detail and dedication to quality,
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, early stage startup environment,
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to solve sophisticated problems in the face of time pressure and information/resource constraints,
- Ability to manage continuously changing business needs; excellent multi-tasking and leadership skills required,
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $120,000 - $155,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth.