Senior QA / Test Automation Engineer - Contact Center
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Boulder, CO
Department: QA - Engineering
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.We're creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. Our contact-center products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require unrivaled uptime, unlimited scalability, enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and an exemplary user experience. To meet these needs, we are searching for only the best engineers and QA to help expand, grow our onshore and offshore engineering teams, and participate in building world-class products.
We are looking for a talented Senior Quality Assurance (QA) / Test Automation Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In this position, you will work with front-end and back-end engineering teams and QA to help execute on the product roadmap and work with existing team members to improve and automate test strategies and software configurations, define test strategies, develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, and participate in defining and communicating best practices.
You'll work side-by-side with on-shore and off-shore teams, have opportunities to engage in peer code reviews with engineers across multiple disciplines, participate in sprint planning ceremonies, and help to elevate the quality and spirit of the team and product. Through this role you will have the opportunity to explore cutting edge technologies, work on enterprise-class mission critical software, experience large-scale problems at work, and collaborate with engineers and QA throughout the world to continue to enhance our contact-center offering. You should expect to work approximately a 60/40 split between automation engineering and manual testing, while automation coverage is improving.
You should be self-motivated, exceptionally organized and detailed oriented, excited about technology and SaaS products, and relentlessly passionate about quality, stability, and detailed documentation. Motivational, constructive and positive teamwork are key values we hold, and so must you.
- Work with Engineering teams and architects to improve and automate test strategies and software configurations
- Help build a solid on-shore QA testing and automation process with existing QA engineers
- Design, drive, and build new automated unit and integration tests with front-end (Selenium, etc) and back-end (Java, Spring, etc)
- Mentor less senior QA testers in testing and documentation best practices
- Coordinate with product development engineers to design all test plans and analyze all functional and nonfunctional requirements for all automation test framework and provide training to staff if required
- Implement test cases, evaluate results, prepare test data and design functional tests in required framework
- Develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating test data when required
- Work with engineers to understand new and existing features to gain context of the product and platform
- Design and document testing scenarios to comprehensively cover new features and functionality
- Continual work with offshore regression testing teams on knowledge transfer and process improvements
- Continually adapt existing practices / principles to accommodate the changing product and technological landscape
- Occasional off-hour availability for production testing on release nights
- Participate in Agile / Scrum activities, Sprint Plannings, Standups, etc.
- Participate in code reviews and product demos
- Work with onshore and offshore teams in collaborative capacities
- Minimum of 5 years in QA Testing or QA Engineering
- Ability to review and expand upon Front-end and API Integration and Backend Unit test frameworks and implementations
- Ability to think critically and comprehensively about complex systems
- Proven ability to learn new systems
- Excellent documentation / writing abilities
- Relational Database experience (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc) - preferred
- Familiarity with Linux operating system - preferred
- Desire to learn and document new systems
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks as needed to ensure quality software
- Desire to join a high-performing engineering team
- Solid references
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.