Senior QA Manager
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. APIs are both mainstream today and the future of software development and API Management is at the heart of an API-based enterprise. You can help many of the biggest enterprises in the world ranging from banking, financial services, transportation, retail, manufacturing, government and many other industry sectors.
Are you interested in helping the world’s leading technology companies improve their software quality and security? We are looking for our next QA Automation Engineer who is interested in test automation, specifically for web-based applications of an enterprise scale. Interested candidates must be highly motivated with a desire to learn new technologies to work in a team environment to work to help drive the automated testing initiative for the Akana product.
- Join Automation team with focus on enhancing and maintaining test automation framework code.
- Enhance and maintain install scripts to automate the creation of required test environments.
- Write automated test cases for new features and for product regression testing.
- Analyze automated test case results and triage failures.
- Perform manual testing, when needed, to analyze results and report issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Independent worker with the confidence to research issues and learn new product functionality.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and work closely with product developers.
- Strong attention to detail, paired with critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and processes.
- 10+ years in Quality Automation
- 5+ years in leadership/management role
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Java programming experience
- Familiarity with SeleniumHQ tools for test automation
- Experience using SoapUI for testing REST and SOAP APIs
- Proficiency working with scripting languages such as Python, Jython, Linux/Unix Shell Scripts
- Knowledge of REST, SOAP and JSON syntax
- Experience with Gradle Build Tool is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile software development is beneficial
- Ability to understand software requirements and to adopt the customer perspective