Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Hotel Engine seeks a Senior QA Automation Engineer with strong experience in automated testing to join our engineering team. You will work directly with our dev, product and manual QA teams to expand, harden and maintain our ever-growing suite of automated tests. As a senior engineer, you will have the experience and skills to build out our automated mobile application testing capabilities as well as contribute to our Webdriver automation efforts. Intriguing? Check out more information below!
Tech We Use:
- Git / GitHub
- Heroku / AWS
How we work:
- We do Scrumban here with daily standups and recurring refinement, planning, and retrospectives
- We test and ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time
- We keep to a 40-hour workweek and respect your time away from the office
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement.
- We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way
- We monitor our test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts
Here's what we're looking for:
Our team is focused on shipping quality product and the Senior QA Automation Engineer must be a self-starter who truly enjoys software development, automating excellence, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining automation for high-volume SAAS projects and possess a passion for doing so with excellence. They will be detail-oriented and understand how to communicate well with a team through written and verbal conversations.Required:
- 6+ years of software QA experience
- 4+ years of automation testing experience
- A passion for giving users polished, highly usable experiences
- Experience with mobile automation on Agile teams
- Experience with high volume production applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with API testing and using tools like Postman
- Experience with databases and using SQL to write queries
- Experience with CI/CD
- Mobile testing with Appium
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience with TestRail
- Experience with CircleCI
The base salary range for this role starts at $100,000 - $120,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NY, TN, WA and TX. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program